Blepharoplasty in Turkey
Blepharoplasty in Turkey. Blepharoplasty is a plastic surgery during which the skin of the eyelids is lifted.
Blepharoplasty is a plastic surgery during which the skin of the eyelids is lifted. For many, this is the only effective way to get rid of hernias and swelling of the eyelids. The meticulous process of blepharoplasty is divided by them into three stages: the preparatory period, the operation itself and rehabilitation.
Approximate cost of blepharoplasty (eyelid correction):
- Turkey - $1000-1100
- United Kingdom - $1500
- Czech Republic - $2700
- Russia - $1000-1100
The essence of the operation is to remove the excess skin of the eyelids and part of the subcutaneous fatty tissue (fatty hernias), as well as to correct the deep lacrimal groove and blood vessels close to the skin surface.
Preparing for blepharoplasty
The goal is to identify possible contraindications to the operation. Among them:
- diseases requiring preoperative treatment (conjunctivitis, glaucoma, dry eye syndrome);
- diseases that exclude the possibility of an operation (chronic eye diseases, oncology, severe myopia).
For the most complete diagnosis, the patient is assigned a medical examination using modern equipment. With favorable results of the examination, an operation is prescribed.
Blepharoplasty abroad, depending on the nature of the problem, practices three main types of operations:
- plastic surgery of the upper eyelids - correction of the overhanging upper eyelid, treatment of ptosis. The look becomes more open;
- plastic surgery of the lower eyelids - most suitable for eliminating bags under the eyes and eye hernias, correcting the skin of the lower eyelid;
- circular blepharoplasty - plastic surgery of the upper and lower eyelids at the same time.
There is also the so-called "Asian eye blepharoplasty" - a change in the shape of the eyes (for example, the formation of a "double eyelid"). The operation is popular among residents of Asian countries.
To perform these operations, blepharoplasty abroad uses two methods - surgical and laser:
- Surgical blepharoplasty is used to remove fatty hernias and is called transconjunctival blepharoplasty. The surgeon makes incisions along the inner side of the eyelid, thereby avoiding visible postoperative scars;
- aser blepharoplasty is becoming more common thanks to the latest technology. Cavity laser blepharoplasty is an alternative to surgery. Its advantages are in increased accuracy of manipulations and minimal damage to healthy tissues, which makes it possible to shorten the postoperative recovery period.
Rehabilitation after blepharoplasty
Another advantage of blepharoplasty abroad is a comfortable and short recovery period. The risk of complications is minimal due to the unique skills of foreign doctors. The stitches are removed 4-7 days after the operation. After that, a special healing patch is applied to the seam, which must be worn for three days.
The surgeon gives the patient detailed recommendations, the observance of which guarantees a complete recovery without adverse consequences.