Cardiology and heart surgery in Turkey
Heart surgery in Turkey. The cardiology departments of Turkish clinics specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of many diseases of the heart and blood vessels.
The rapid development of cardiology is currently a great progress in medicine. More recently, many cardiac patients were doomed and constantly experienced severe symptoms of heart disease. Currently, the use of modern medications allows not only to significantly prolong the patient's life, but also to improve its quality.
The cardiology departments of Turkish clinics specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of many diseases of the heart and blood vessels.Therefore, every year thousands of patients with heart defects, valve defects, ischemic disease, cardiomyopathies and atherosclerosis turn to Turkey for qualified medical care.
Treatment methods in cardiology and cardiac surgery
After the final diagnosis is made, the attending physician immediately prescribes the necessary therapy. For this, all the individual characteristics of the organism, concomitant diseases, and the patient's age are taken into account. As a rule, drugs are prescribed for a long time (very often for life).
The following groups of pharmacological preparations are used in Turkish clinics:
- Beta-blockers are prescribed for angina pectoris, arrhythmias, after myocardial infarction, hypertension. Beta blockers effectively reduce heart rate, blood pressure and positively affect the prognosis for the patient;
- Calcium antagonists are recommended for patients with hypertension, coronary heart disease, and arrhythmias. The attending physician selects drugs from this group individually for each patient, taking into account the peculiarities of the clinical picture;
- Angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors are used to treat hypertension. Effectively prevent myocardial remodeling and thereby have a positive effect on the overall prognosis;
- Diuretics - are prescribed for almost any disease of the cardiovascular system, since they reduce the volume of circulating blood and thereby reduce the load on the heart muscle;
- Antiplatelet and anticoagulants are used to prevent myocardial infarction and stroke in a patient at increased risk;
- Cardioprotectors - drugs that improve the condition of the myocardium, reduce the load on the heart muscle. Such funds are prescribed in the form of short courses;
- Antiarrhythmic drugs are used to treat arrhythmias. In cases where a positive effect of therapy with these drugs is not observed, specialists in Turkish clinics recommend alternative treatment to their patients in the form of surgery;
- Antibacterial drugs are used for infective endocarditis and myocarditis in the form of etiotropic treatment;
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.
After treatment in the cardiology departments of Turkish clinics, patients have the opportunity to undergo an individual course of rehabilitation and health improvement. In addition, the attending physician completely corrects the diet and regimen of patients.