Ophthalmology treatment in Turkey
Patients with significant visual impairments can apply to highly specialized ophthalmological clinics in Turkey, where they will be provided with qualified medical care.
Recently, ophthalmology as a branch of medicine is developing very rapidly. Modern surgical and conservative methods of treating diseases of the organ of vision began to be used. Patients with significant visual impairments can apply to highly specialized ophthalmological clinics in Turkey, where they will be provided with qualified medical care. Clinics in Turkey are equipped with new equipment and apparatus, which are used to diagnose and treat almost all ophthalmic diseases. Verification of the main diagnosis takes only a few days, after which the attending physician prescribes treatment.
As a rule, the following diseases are treated in ophthalmological clinics in Turkey:
- Amblyopia is a visual impairment that cannot be corrected with glasses or contact lenses;
- Myopia is one of the types of visual acuity impairment, in which the patient has difficulty distinguishing objects placed at a distance. At the same time, a person sees well up close;
- The best Turkish ophthalmologists use all types of myopia treatment (with corrective lenses, hardware treatment, as well as laser vision correction);
- Farsightedness is a pathology of vision in which the patient sees poorly objects located near. Since light rays are focused behind the retina in farsightedness, the patient clearly distinguishes objects located at a distance;
- Astigmatism is a type of ametropia, which is manifested by a violation of the focus of light rays on the retina. As a result, visual acuity is constantly deteriorating, there is frequent eye fatigue, headaches, double vision and lack of clarity of objects;
- Glaucoma is an eye disease associated with increased intraocular pressure. There are open-angle and closed-angle types of glaucoma. Due to the gradual progression of the pathological process, irreversible changes in the optic nerve occur, which ultimately can lead to complete blindness;
- Cataract is an age-related lesion of the lens, which is manifested by its clouding. This opacity prevents light rays from reaching the retina. Thus, visual acuity deteriorates significantly. In Turkish clinics, modern mini-invasive methods of cataract treatment are used. The duration of such surgical interventions is only 30 minutes;
- Keratoconus is a degenerative-dystrophic disease of the cornea, as a result of which it becomes thinner and, under the influence of intraocular pressure, takes the shape of a cone. Treatment of this pathological condition is only surgical;
- Macular degeneration is a degenerative-dystrophic lesion of the central part of the choroid of the eyes, which gradually leads to a complete loss of vision.
After the treatment of diseases of the organs of vision in clinics in Turkey, many patients leave extremely positive feedback. This is not strange, since the highly qualified medical staff of Turkish clinics cares very much about the quality of medical services and always tries to make the patient's stay in the hospital comfortable.